Lamb briyani rice (Briyani kambing)
Ingredients:40g onions6g pandan leaves (screwpine)70g vanaspati (vegetable ghee)small cinnamon stick1 star anise5g young ginger5g garlic1/4 tsp fennel seeds (jintan manis)1.5 litres water900g rice240g trimmed lamb rack1 tsp turmeric powder1/2 tsp black peppercorns18g saltpinch of saffron1 1/2 tsp water66g milk15g spring onions15g Chinese celery93g tomatoes21g carrots
1. Peel and slice onions. Wash and fold pandan leaves.
2. Heat vegetable ghee and saute cinnamon and star anise. Add sliced onions.
3. Peel and chop garlic and ginger. Add to vegetable ghee and continue frying. Add pandan leaves and stir well until the garlic is golden brown.
4. Add fennel seeds. Fill up with water and bring to boil.
5. Wash rice well.
6. Slice lamb into equal chops. Marinate lamb with turmeric powder and pepper.
7. Add rice to the water, add lamb chops and salt and mix well.
8. Bring to the boil and reduce heat. Let it simmer while covered over low heat until rice is almost cooked.
9. Dissolve saffron in water. Just before rice is cooked, add saffron and milk and mix well.
10. Wash and slice spring onions and celery into 5cm sticks. Wash and cut tomato into wedges. Peel and cut carrot julienne. Add all vegetables to the rice.
11. Stir well and serve immediately.
Filed under: Projek Kambing